I was in Paris a couple of weeks back. It was a solo 3 day trip (which I rarely ever do) and boy was it good! I was amazed by the history and beauty in every corner of the street. I mean literally every corner had a bit of art and a story.
I took the flight to Paris from London Heathrow. It was a last minute booking and actually worked out to cheaper than taking the Eurostar, which was my initial plan. The flight was just an hour and it saved me from waking up too early in the morning. I hate that.
I planned a very strict itinerary for my 3 days and followed it strictly. It might sound strange but I wasn’t too interested in shopping. This was primarily due to the luggage restriction on my flight to Paris from London. No regrets. Some places I toured:
- Eiffel Tower – Of Course. The queues to the top was ridiculous.
- Louvre – Saw the Monalisa for real.
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Opera Palais
- Sacre-coeur Basilica
- Le Marias – great to walk around
- Sienne River – you can’t really miss this.
Some must have apps:
Other must haves:
- Comfy walking shoes. The best way to see Paris is on foot. I was in my trainers the whole time.
- A windproof jacket. It was autumn when I visited Paris. But I was so glad I had a light jacket & a scarf.
- Extra battery power pack. This is really a must have for any travel.
- Selfie stick. If you are travelling solo, carry a selfie stick, no matter how silly you look.